Powerful Tools for Caregivers - Classes for people helping older relatives or friends.
Through six 2.5 hour sessions held on a weekly basis, caregivers learn to reduce stress, improve self-confidence, better communicate feelings, and locate helpful resources. Attendees also learn how to increase their ability to make tough decisions, and how to balance their life.
The classes are being offered at locations throughout Erie County:
1. LOVE, Inc., 64 East Main St., Springville 14141 on Monday afternoons beginning March 24th and running through April 28, 2014 from 2-4:30pm (Free respite for the memory impaired offered at this site)
2. Terrace View Long Term Care Facility Chapel on the ECMC Campus, 462 Grider St., Buffalo 14215 on Thursday afternoons beginning March 27th and running through May 1, 2014 from 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm.
3. Elderwood at Hamburg on Tuesday evenings beginning April 22nd and running through May 27, 2014 from 6-8:30pm.
4. Catholic Charities Garden Room, 128 Wilson St., Buffalo 14212 on Wednesday afternoons beginning April 23rd and running through May 28, 2014 from 1pm- 3:30pm (Free respite for the memory impaired offered at this site)
5. Life Transitions 1140 Delaware Ave., Buffalo 14209 on Thursday afternoons beginning May 22nd and running through June 26, 2014 from 2pm-4:30pm
6. St. Mary of the Lake School, 4737 Lakeshore Rd., Hamburg on Tuesday evenings beginning July 8th and running through August 12, 2014 from 6pm-8:30pm
The cost for the six-week program is $25 and includes a copy of The Caregiver Helpbook, but is covered in full for members of Blue Cross/Blue Shield of WNY and Independent Health. Some scholarship money is available for those who are uninsured. Pre-Registration is required - Call Erie County Senior Services at (716) 858-2177 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to register. For other classes available check the website at www2.erie.gov/seniorservices.
Join Our Bi-monthly eNewsletter